The International Hospital Visiting Surgeon Program is a uniquely designed educational experience offered to Cardiothoracic surgeons that perform minimally invasive aortic and mirtral valve replacement procedures. The focus of the program is to highlight the techniques performed by one of our two expert surgeons using the most minimally invasive techniques available to patients.
What To Expect
Viewing live surgery and learning techniques for truly endoscopic minimally invasive aortic and or mitral valve replacements.
Gaining exposure to newer devices: RAM® and SEW-EASY® along with COR-KNOT®.
Participating in hands-on dry labs to practice and perfect LSI techniques for success.
Attending dinner symposiums on dedicated topics, participating in case study discussions and sharing ideas on current techniques and strategies.
The RAM® DEVICE is an automated dual curved needle annular suturing device which can place a horizontal mattress stitch in one squeeze.
RAM® 3.5 is available in 3.5mm suture spacing and RAM® 5.0 is available in 5mm suture spacing.
The SEW-EASY® DEVICE is a dual needle device that provides reliable, effective prosthetic suture placement through the sewing cuff with no exposed sharps.
SEW-EASY® 3.5 available in 3.5mm suture spacing and SEW-EASY® 5.0 available in 5mm suture spacing
Our revolutionary COR-KNOT® DEVICE is faster than hand-tying and offers strength, security and reliability in cardiac valve replacement and repair.
The 4mm shaft of the COR-KNOT MINI® and the 5mm shaft of the COR-KNOT® MIS allow the surgeon to perform MIS and open procedures.
Potential Benefits of MICS RAM® AVR Procedure
- Reduced trauma and pain
- Statistically decreased blood loss and transfusion requirements
- Decreased Wound infection
- Statistically reduced recovery time and more rapid return to work
- Wristed instrumentation returns dexterity and control back to surgeon
- Delivers consistent bite width to ensure true vertical alignment during valve seating
- Better cosmetic results and improved patient satisfaction
- No difference in morbidity and mortality
- Avoids sternal wound complications
- Enables a true minimally invasive approach via minithoracotomy
RAM® Benefits over TAVR
- Durable Valve
- Lower PVL Rate
- Annular Debridement
- Surgical Control
- Cost-Effective, Profitable
- "WIN-WIN" for Patient & Hospital
Watch videos of COR-KNOT®, RAM® & SEW-EASY® products in use.